This week we reached another big milestone with All in One SEO Pack – the plugin reached 20 Million downloads. We’re in a very exclusive club given that we’re only one of three plugins out of 33,000 plugins in the WordPress plugin repository to reach this milestone.
To give you an idea of how quickly we reached this milestone I read back through our archives and found a blog post from January 2009 where we announced that we’d hit One Million downloads. I then found a post from February 2012 where we announced that we had hit 10 Million downloads.
Not bad when you think that All in One SEO Pack was first released in 2007, within 2 years we’d hit One Million, 3 years later we hit 10 Million and 2 years after that we hit 20 Million. Looking at the statistics we’re averaging around One Million downloads every 3 months.
So what have you done lately…
As is traditional when you reach a major milestone, I thought I’d reflect on what has happened in the last 2 years. So here’s a list of some of the things we’ve achieved whilst on our way from 10 Million to 20 Million:
- We completely redesigned the user interface making it easier to use and better looking on any screen size
- We’ve added feature modules so that we could easily extend the functionality of the plugin and give you total control over what features you want to activate
- We added an XML Sitemap Generator and a Video XML Sitemap Generator
- We added complete control over Open Graph social meta
- We’ve updated the plugin 21 times and increased our release cycle, with new functionality and features in every new release
- We’ve improved our support with much faster response times and we’ve reaffirmed our commitment to provide support to users of the free plugin via the WordPress.org support forums
- We’ve released 6 new feature modules and we’ve got 6 more in development
- We now provide full documentation both inline within the plugin and on this website and we’ve added video screencasts available to users of All in One SEO Pack Pro
- We’ve increased the turnaround time for bug fixes to a matter of a day or two and in some cases hours
With just a few exceptions, all of this is still available for FREE to anyone with a WordPress site and we are fully committed to continuing to develop the best SEO plugin available, for free, with great support, and full documentation.
I look forward to reviewing what we’ve achieved when we hit 30 Million downloads!