Need help with this?
Purchase All in One SEO Pack Pro to get dedicated support from us.
If you haven’t heard of Baidu before, then now is a good time to look into it. Baidu is China’s leading search engine with a staggering local market share of 66.25% (March 2019). It is also the second largest search operator in the world after Google, and the latter only has a local market share of 2.91%.
If your website is frequently visited by or targets the Chinese audience, then you should definitely consider adding your website in Baidu Webmaster Tools. Fortunately for you, All in One SEO Pack allows you to easily verify your website ownership.
First, you’ll need to head over to Baidu Webmaster Tools and log into your account (or sign up if you haven’t got one yet). Keep in mind that you’ll need a Chinese phone number to create an account. There’s also an international registration page, but unfortunately it didn’t work for us at the time of writing this article. If you aren’t proficient in Chinese, then we also recommend you use Google Chrome as your browser so that you can right-click each page to translate its content to English.
Now that you’re logged into Baidu, please follow these steps:
- Enter your domain name and indicate whether your website is using HTTP or HTTPS. Then, click the “Next” (下一步) button.
- Select the industry your business or blog belongs to.
- Copy the unique code that is displayed under the HTML tag (HTML 标签验证) option.
- Go to the “General Settings” menu of All in One SEO Pack, scroll down to the “Webmaster Verification” section and enter the unique code you’ve just copied into the “Baidu Webmaster Tools” verification field. Once you’ve done that, don’t forget to update your settings.
- Switch back to Baidu to complete the verification process by clicking the “Complete Verification” (完成验证) button.
This setting was added in version 3.0 of All in One SEO Pack.