April 15, 2018
Asking questions for https://blueoracle.ca
I ran the Facebook debugger and it came up with two error messages and I don’t understand why these are issues. as the source code of my page displays this information…The only part that isn’t displayed is the fb:pp_id and that is because I do not have a facebook page.
I was told that LinkedIn uses the same source information (open graph data) that Facebook uses, which is why I am trying to fix all of this, as when trying to post anything related to my website on LinkedIn, I am receiving a message that states “Cannot display preview, you can post as is or try another link” thereby keeping my links without an image.
- Inferred Property The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
- Missing Properties The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id
Here is a link to the screenshot of these instances… https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-YJvZzmdP3tibl3UeV3RC3B_-pWN6owC/view?usp=sharing
Here is the link to my issue on LinkedIn… https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brny2SHxrhKjQ_h-5VViZThwrmCwmTS7/view?usp=sharing
Steps I have already taken…
- Contacted LinkedIn and they told me the issue was due to the fact that I do not have any open graph meta data listed on my site…but again, my source page shows otherwise
- Used the “All in One SEO” product to enter every detail of my site relevant to what I need, so it can be indexed and found including: General Settings, SML Sitemap, Social Media
- Submitted my sitemap to Google
- Fixed a separate issue with my SSL Certificate provider
- Upgraded my “All in One SEO” to the “PRO” version so I can get some assistance with these issues
Unfortunately I am not an IT expert and at this point I have exhausted every avenue and every techy type thing I know how to manage on my own, so I could really use some help trying to figure out why my open graph information seems to be missing from this debugger thingy and why LinkedIn is the only platform insisting that I don’t have any open graph information listed in the header of my site, when my source page indicates that I do. Please help…
April 24, 2016
April 15, 2018
I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting for my SSL provider to figure this out.
Just one more question, the link that you included in your response for that graph validation tool shows “author_url” information…I don’t want that information connected with my site, is there a way to remove it?
I already removed the information from “author archive title format” and all of the “author” boxes are unchecked in the plugin, but it is still showing up on that tool.
April 24, 2016
Most Users Ever Online: 964
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 35
Newest Members:Jan Bouius
Administrators: Michael TorbertPeter BayliesSupport TeamSteve MortiboyMatthew RobinsonSteve KlasenArnaud BroesAshish Ravi