January 8, 2013
Can you provide some counsel on why one of our sites refuses to be indexed by Google…
October 30, 2012
I’ve checked your robots.txt file and it looks fine. Use the robots.txt analysis tool in Google Webmaster Tools to see if they can offer any further insights. If that doesn’t help, ask Google to recrawl your site using the instructions below. You should also be sure to manually submit your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools, you can use the instructions below to do that.
Ask Google to crawl a page or site:
- On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the site you want.
- On the Dashboard, under Crawl, click Fetch as Google.
- In the text box, type the path to the page you want to check.
- In the dropdown list, select Web. (You can select another type of page, but currently we only accept submissions for our Web Search index.)
- Click Fetch. Google will fetch the URL you requested. It may take up to 10 or 15 minutes for Fetch status to be updated.
- Once you see a Fetch status of “Successful”, click Submit to Index, and then click one of the following:
- To submit the individual URL to Google’s index, select URL and click Submit. You can submit up to 500 URLs a week in this way.
- To submit the URL and all pages linked from it, click URL and all linked pages. You can submit up to 10 of these requests a month.
Submitting your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
- On your Webmaster Tools home page, select your site.
- In the left sidebar, click Site configuration and then Sitemaps.
- Click the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
- Enter /system/feeds/sitemap into the text box that appears.
- Click Submit Sitemap.
January 8, 2013
Most Users Ever Online: 964
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 35
Administrators: Michael TorbertPeter BayliesSupport TeamSteve MortiboyMatthew RobinsonSteve KlasenArnaud BroesAsh R