March 12, 2019
Hello, we recently turned on the XML sitemap module and it is generating the sitemap.
We do have a minor issue though in that the URLs in the sitemap are including a trailing slash.
Some information which may be pertinent:
- We are using Wordpress in a subdirectory alongside a Magento installation and the FishPig Wordpress Integration plugin.
- All of our canonical URLs are set without the trailing slash E.g.: https://www.fridgefreezerdirec…..atest-news
- We have the Wordpress permalinks set to /%category%/%postname% (note there is no trailing slash)
- The sitemap is generated and can be viewed here: https://www.fridgefreezerdirec….._path=root (view source to see the XML).
- There is this message in the SEOAIO module settings: Dynamic sitemap generation does not appear to be using the correct rewrite rules; please disable any other sitemap plugins or functionality on your site and reset your permalinks. I assume this is because of the Remove Category Url By Valerio Souza, Сreativemotion plugin but I cannot remove this.
- I have, after enabling the XML sitemap module, saved the permalink settings.
Is there a way I can instruct the plugin to remove the trailing slash from the URLs in the sitemap to match our canonicalised URLs?